I’ll just start this little post by saying that I’m not an expert sugar scrub maker! This was actually my first time whipping up a batch… but it was easy enough that I’ll be making more pretty quickly. I’m actually pretty impressed with my little creations.
The best part? This big batch of sugar scrub is the perfect solution if you need to whip up a bunch of presents at once… made a double batch for Mother’s Day so that all the Mama’s in my life had a sweet little gift. Then I forgot to put half of them in the mail so I’m not exactly winning at life… but it’s the thought that counts right?
Let’s get back on track… and get down to making our quick and easy 5 minute sugar scrub!
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 10 to 15 Drops of your Favorite Essential Oils
- 5 Drops Liquid Food Coloring
- Measuring Cups
- Mixing Bowl
- Stir Spoon
- Glass Jars
- Cricut Explore Air 2
- Fine-Point Cutting Blade
- Standard Cutting Mat (that’s the green one!)
- Cricut Cut Files
- Weeding Tool
- Transfer Tape
Need help picking your perfect machine? I’ve got you covered!
Looking for a bunch of posts on DIY & Crafts? I’ve got you covered!
Click here to see all of my how to DIY & Craft posts in one place!
Sugar Scrub Recipe:
1. Alright y’all this is seriously so easy! Let’s get this party started by pouring all of your sugar into a mixing bowl.
2. Now things are going to get a bit harder… scoop 4 Tablespoons of coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl and microwave it on high until it’s allll melted. I just used a little Tupperware container… even though it isn’t super pretty!
Melting your coconut oil should take about 25 seconds but if it’s not quite melted just stir and keep microwaving at verrrry short intervals.
3. Alright y’all go ahead and pour the melted coconut oil into the sugar and mix well too combine the two! Remember that this is allll according to personal preference so if it’s a little too wet you can add a bit more sugar and if it’s a bit too dry you can add a bit more coconut oil.
Just keep mixing until you find a consistency that you like!
4. Now’s the fun part… go ahead and add your essential oils. I added a Lavender and Rose blend that I love for bathtime!
Here’s a fun tip… if you’re making your sugar scrub as a present (like I did for Mother’s Day) think about the women in your life. My Mother-in-Law is huge in essential oils… I know she has way more oils than I do and might have a preference for her sugar scrub. Meanwhile my Mom has zero essential oils and wouldn’t have any need for an unscented batch.
Since this recipe is so simple I went ahead and made two batches… one that I scented Lavender and Rose and one that I left unscented. Now they can add their own smells!
5. Now it’s time to add the food coloring! I used two colors so that you can tell the difference between scented and unscented… plus I used different containers!
I used a few tiny test tubes left over from a college art project for the unscented sugar scrub… I wanted to send several tubes to each Mama in my life so they could use several scents if they wanted. Then I made larger containers with the Lavender and Rose blend for my Mama and Grandma!
6. Now all that’s left to do is label these babies! I used my cricut to make pretty little labels! You can grab the cricut cut files for y’all… so if you want to cut your own vinyl labels it will be super easy.
Take a look!
Grab the FREE Cricut Cut Files!
Don't forget to snag your free Cricut cut files for your very own sugar scrub!
[…] these little guys are great for everything from party favors to utensil holders. I like to put sugar scrub in them for inexpensive holiday […]